|Book each child extra
|when you book on line
We welcome families here at Woodside in our glamping accommodations
- We have no age restrictions for children visiting Woodside
- The internal accommodation is NO SMOKING
- We are happy for children to use the Guest’s Lounge, but children under 12
must be accompanied by an adult.
- Children under
the age of 8 are not permitted in the Guest’s Lounge after 7.30pm unless the family with children is the only family
residing at Woodside i.e. there are no other guests staying.
are happy to offer a baby listening service – this is of course chargeable by the hour.
- We have access to a registered child minder but this is subject to her availability
and we can not guarantee this availability, also subject to hourly charge.
selection of children’s books, toys, videos/DVDs, games are available in the Guest’s Lounge and Sky multi-room
provides children’s channels
damage is charged at cost of replacement unless repair is an option.
- Cots and high chairs are available on request.
- Please use the mini fridge provided for baby foods etc.
- We are happy to heat milk and make up bottles
- Children’s meals are available for £10 for two courses and we are happy
to cook whatever you request, within reason, or children may have small portions of the adult meals being prepared for their
parents. Child meals may be taken earlier than adult meals if preferred so that parents can enjoy a relaxed
meal on their own later in the evening.
- We have
plastic plates, beakers & cutlery
HEALTH & HYGIENE
- Please use the waste bin
in the bathroom for nappies and the nappy sacks provided.
- Do not put anything apart from toilet paper down the toilet –
no baby wipes etc
- If you use washable nappies please
let us know and we will boil these for you.
are happy to wash any items as required if your little ones have any little accidents!
HEALTH & SAFETY
- Please take care to hold your child’s hand when climbing the staircase
and kindly do not allow children to run around the house
- The small fish pond in the garden has a small wall around it. Please take care not to leave your
child unattended in the garden, in case they climb in, as it is 5ft deep.
- We are happy for our guests to take a walk through our paddock and woods but please do not let your
children wander off unescorted.
- Please do
not leave your room key in the lock in case your child locks the room door from the inside – although we do also have
- Our front door will be kept
locked at all time, your room key also have a front door key to let yourselves in and out.
- No children allowed in the Health Suite – we are happy to keep your children
amused whilst parents enjoy these facilities, subject to our availability.
- We have a trampoline – for safety reasons this IS NOT FOR USE OF GUESTS.
- We have an air hockey table although some of your little ones may be
too short to use this without the help of dad! Please take care as the pucks could hit a small child in
the face. Again this is used at guests’ own risk.
- Our animals are friendly but please take care – we are happy to accompany guests when saying
“hello”, young children should not touch the animals without adult supervision and definitely NOT feed any of
OUT AND ABOUT
- We are able to recommend suitable places for you to visit with your
children: like Camber Sands, a most wonderful sandy beach ideal for children with huge dunes, shallow warm water and also
ideal for kite flying; Rye Harbour Nature Reserve ideal for a flat walk or to take your bicycles; local castles, gardens,
zoos, Aquarium, parks, amusement parks/rides etc, all within 30 minutes drive maximum. There are a selection
of brochures in the Information Pack in the guest’s lounge, but please do ask and tell us your interests so we can help
- We can also recommend child friendly
pubs and restaurants if you do not dine here at Woodside.
Local Tourist Information Office is in Battle (8 minutes drive) directly at the front entrance to Battle Abbey at the bottom
of the High Street.
- If you go for a walk in our
woods please keep within our boundary which is the stream.
- The local corner shop in Staplecross village (2 minutes drive) stocks
all general goods including nappies, baby food etc. Battle main shops and supermarket is 8 minutes drive
where there is a Co-Op and a Budgens.
- The nearest doctor is at Hawkhurst (10 minutes) 01580 753211
- Nearest accident and emergency is the Conquest Hospital at Hastings
(15 minutes) 01424 755255
- Nearest dentist in Robertsbridge
(8 minutes). 01580 880068
- The out of hours chemists vary on a rota, but the Tesco Superstore 24 hours supermarket in Hastings is the most frequently
available chemist open long hours – the only 24 hours chemist (closed on Sundays) in East Sussex is in Eastbourne –
The Day & Night Pharmacy, 15 Station Parade, Tel 01323 749809.
- If you require any of these services, during day or night, please knock
at our quarters and we will be pleased to help in this respect and check up to date details on the internet or by calling
Doctors on Call.